Reception, Years 1 & 2 Universal Free School Meals
All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are able to receive a school meal at no cost to the Parent/Carer.
Year 3 to 6 School Meals
All children in Years 3 to 6 are able to receive a school meal at a cost of £2.25 per day, £11.25 per week.
Aspens ‘Select’ System
You are able to order and pay for school meals as far ahead as the system allows, and the minimum time for submitting your order is one working day. As an example, a school meal for Wednesday should be ordered by 1pm on Tuesday at the latest. Meal requests for Monday meals should be placed by 1pm on the previous Friday.
Please do not use the Aspens App as this allows you to view the menus but does not provide the facility to order. All ordering must be made using the Aspens website only where you will be able to view the menu.
Please note that due to current supply chain issues, that you may be aware of through your own visits to the supermarket, there may be some variations to the meals you have ordered. All meal substitutions will adhere to the choices you have made i.e. vegetarian or meat option and dietary requirements.
- ALL school meals from Reception to Year 6 must be ordered at least 1 working day (by 1pm) before the day the meal is taken.
- If your child is absent from school, when you phone the office between 8:00am- 8:30am to report your child’s absence, you must also cancel your child’s meal on the Select website no later than 9:00am otherwise you will be charged for this meal.
- Parents have been sent their child’s unique code, please contact the school office immediately should you not have your child’s code.
- Meals must be ordered via the website only - website link: https://select.aspens-services.com
Aspen Catering, who are our catering provider, are committed to serving fresh and healthy meals cooked from scratch by professional catering teams using fresh, local and organic produce.
Packed Lunch (All Years)
You also have the opportunity of providing your child with a packed lunch; this must contain no drinks, sweets, nuts or peanut butter. A named beaker must be included in the lunch box as water is provided by the school.
- Please name your child's lunch box on the outside.
- Remember children should only bring a beaker in their lunch boxes and not a drink in a bottle/carton, as children are given water by our lunchtime staff.
- Please consider what you put in your child's lunch box; bearing in mind the school's Healthy Eating Policy. Due to the number of children with nut allergies do not include peanut butter or other foods which contain nuts.